Online coaching is rapidly becoming a popular concept in the health and fitness industry. Many people have experienced its benefits, and yet others haven’t even heard of it.
Essentially, online coaching is when you receive your training and nutrition coaching from a training and nutrition coach online.
With the coaching programs at Better You Fitness, you get customized training and nutrition specifically for you and your goals. We make sure your nutrition supports your fitness and physique goals. Instead of providing a prescribed meal plan, we provide recommended macros and empower you to take charge of your own nutrition. By doing this, you will learn to make your own decisions – which you will need for long-term success.
You will also get personal support each month. The level of communication varies with each program offered, ranging from weekly to bi-weekly checkins/progress feedback via email, to one-on-one phone coaching sessions every 2 to 4 weeks.
To simplify, we will discuss the pro’s and con’s of 100% online coaching, which is what we offer at Better You Fitness.
- Motivating yourself — Your coach won’t be by your side to push you. This means that there is no one there to stop you from cutting corners except yourself. You are responsible for giving your all each day. Some people see this as a chance to challenge themselves. For others, it can be tough. The good news is, we know this, and we have your back on the days that you need it.
- Knowing if you are performing the movement correctly — This can be especially tricky if you are new to resistance training and struggle to know exactly what muscle you are targeting and where you should be feeling it. Learning any new skill can feel awkward to start with. We have a few ways to assist you if you find yourself in this situation. You can rest assured that we are going to be able to help you get the most from your training with the best form.
- Finding a coach within a specific niche — Coaches will often have specific types of clients they’re best suited to working with. As a client, you can seek out a coach who precisely suits your needs, even if they live in a different city or a different country.
- More access to your coaches — With online coaching you get access to your coach any time that you need them. You have the ability to contact them and ask questions about your training session, the program you have been given, any feedback you have received, your nutrition, meal prep, etc.
- You set your own schedule — Scheduling is a non-issue with online coaching. You work out when and where you want, but still get the benefit of a structured program and ongoing support from a coach. The more flexibility you have, the easier and more enjoyable it is going to be for you to achieve your daily goals.
- Not limited by location — People who live in a remote location and wouldn’t normally have access to personal training are no longer limited by logistics. With online coaching, they now have access to customized training and nutrition provided by a coach.
- Access while traveling — Maintaining and improving your fitness can be challenging if you travel a great deal. Having a plan of action and the support of a coach can help. We will structure your training around what equipment is available at your destination.
You will need some level of self-motivation and self-discipline to get the most out of online coaching. It’s up to you to get done what you’ve set out to accomplish. Online coaching is a great way of empowering yourself to take ownership of your own fitness and build healthy lifestyle habits.